Thursday 6 February 2014

Young Peoples Feedback Discussion Evening

This evening we sat as a group and took part in a feedback discussion. We discussed a number of issues and ideas that we have for the youth club.


The discussion was really good and gave us the opportunity to have our voices heard and to feel a part of the decision making process.


Below you will find some of the questions and answers from the session. We really hope that you enjoy reading them.


Why do you come to Youth Club?

“I come to youth club to talk to my friends and to see my friends”.

“It gets me out the house and doing something more meaningful than playing my xbox”

“ I come to Rathbone club to have fun and to make new friends”

“ I enjoy going out with the group and learning new things”

“I have improved my communication and teamwork skills” 

“To feel a part of a community”

Where there any questions you’d have liked to ask staff before you joined?

“Will I get on with the other members?”

“How much does it cost?”

“Can I speak to anyone before coming if I am nervous?”

“Will staff help me?”

What Is important to you?

“Finishing college and getting a job”

“Getting a girlfriend and getting married”

“Going to University”

“Being safe and knowing my family are safe”

“To learn new things”

“To love and respect myself”
 
Things you’d like to change?

“To take part in more challenging activities, such as abseiling and camping in the woods”

“ Having a better equipped facility”

“Having more desktop computers rather than tablets”

“Having more female members”
 
Are staff able to support you?

“Staff are always there if I need to talk to someone”

“Staff give me good advice”

“Staff listen to me and allow me to express myself”

“Staff know how to manage my behaviour”

“Staff comfort me when I am upset”




No comments:

Post a Comment